You’re home, watching Netflix and ordering takeout when you could be in Nassau, Bahamas living your best life. In less than 5 hours, a plane could have you in paradise enjoying conch salad and a good dive. Book that trip!
Nassau is the capital city of the Bahamas and a popular tourist destination with a plethora of exciting activities and attractions to enjoy.
12 Exciting Things to do in Nassau, Bahamas 2023
- Explore the Beaches: Nassau is known for its beautiful beaches with white sand and crystal-clear waters. Some popular beaches include Cable Beach, Junkanoo Beach, and Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. You can even swim with the pigs at Rose Island. Tours there often include an amazing local lunch, beach time, and photos with the cutest pigs you’ve ever seen in your life.
- Visit Atlantis Paradise Island: This iconic resort and water park offer a range of activities, including water slides, marine exhibits, swimming with dolphins, and a casino. There is so much to do but make sure you buy your tickets in advance as tickets sell out fast. It can get a little pricey but you’ll enjoy the memories.
- Take a Historical Tour: Discover the city’s rich history and colonial architecture by exploring landmarks such as Fort Fincastle, Fort Charlotte, and the Queen’s Staircase. I wouldn’t recommend booking a tour to the Queen’s Staircase. It’s quite easy to walk to from the cruise ship ports and Margaritaville Beach Resort.
4. Straw Market: Shop for local crafts, souvenirs, and straw goods at the Straw Market, a bustling marketplace in Nassau.
5. Pirate Museum: Learn about the area’s pirate history at the Pirates of Nassau Museum, which showcases exhibits and interactive displays.
6. Ardastra Gardens, Zoo, and Conservation Centre: This family-friendly attraction offers the chance to see native Bahamian animals and enjoy a flamingo show.
7. Snorkeling and Scuba Diving: Nassau is surrounded by vibrant coral reefs and marine life, making it an excellent destination for underwater exploration. Stuart Cove is the most popular dive company in Nassau. They provide pickup services from lots of well known hotels. For tips on reef safe hair products check this out.
8. Blue Lagoon Island: Take a day trip to Blue Lagoon Island, also known as Salt Cay, for a relaxing beach day and water activities. Make sure to keep our reefs safe with these tips.
9. Water Sports: Enjoy various water sports such as jet skiing, paddleboarding, kayaking, and parasailing.
10. Graycliff Hotel and Chocolatier: Visit the historic Graycliff Hotel, where you can take a tour of their chocolate factory and enjoy fine dining.
11. John Watling’s Distillery: Take a tour of this historic rum distillery and learn about the production process of the famous Bahamian rums.
12. Local Cuisine: Indulge in Bahamian cuisine, including conch fritters, cracked conch, and other delicious seafood dishes. Avoid Bahamian Cookin’ Restaurant and Bar near the cruise ships. Their service is terrible and they don’t respect food allergies and restrictions. Do visit Fish Fry , a strip of restaurants and street vendors selling copious amounts of local seafood, jerked meats, and a Bahamian specialities.